Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Do you have someone special to share the holiday with this year? If so, you may be surprised to learn that there are health benefits of love! Yes, you read that right. Some studies have shown that it can actually benefit your health to be in a long term loving relationship.
According to naturalhealers.com, there are 11 ways the body benefits from a healthy long term relationship. Take a look at the benefits, and see if you are surprised at the ways a loving relationship can affect your health.
Infographic provided by: naturalhealers.com
Health Benefits of Love:
- Single people have a 58-66% great risk of cardiac events
- Single males have a 64% great risk of a fatal stroke than men with a “sound and supportive” marriage.
- Happily married people reportedly have better health as they age.
- A happy marriage may result in lower blood pressure.
- Strongly connected couples handle stress better than their single peers.
- Married people live longer than their unwed counterparts.
- Relationships can help people fend off colds and flu bugs. (I’m not sold on this one!)
- Those with happy relationships heal faster than those in hostile relationships.
- You’re more calm when in a long term relationship.
- You manage discomfort better when focusing on an image of your love.
- Matrimony equals a happier life.
How do you feel about these “benefits”? Are there any you agree with, find absurd, or interesting? I would love to hear your thoughts!
*I am not affiliated with Natural Healers in any way, nor am I a member of the medical field. This post is based solely on the fact that I found this information interesting, and is not sponsored in any way.*
Latest posts by Jennifer M. (see all)
- The Race Is On: Fashion Tips for the Cheltenham Festival - March 12, 2017
- ScentFill Universal Plugin Refill Review & Giveaway - March 10, 2017