July is National Vacation Rental Month, and in honor of that I want to share some fun facts about vacation rentals and their benefits.
According to a recent study conducted by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, it’s less stressful to stay in a vacation rental compared to other types of lodgings. In fact, 92% of the more than 11,000 people who participated in the study said they preferred vacation rentals because of the flexibility, peace of mind, and cost savings.
I find this to be an interesting result of the study particularly because our family always prefers finding a vacation rental house versus staying in a hotel. We think it’s less stressful when traveling with young children because renting a vacation house provides a setting that’s more like home. Plus, who wants to deal with a toddler meltdown in a hotel room knowing you’re probably disturbing your neighboring guests?
Cooking VS. Eating Out?
94% of vacation rental travelers believe having a kitchen reduces their stress level. 73% say they save money when a kitchen is available and average 12 meals prepared in the kitchen during a week-long stay.
Often times it’s more cost effective than eating out during your trip. Cooking meals is also a better option if someone in the family has a specialized diet. In our case, we prefer to relax in our vacation rental in the evenings, and cooking meals means we don’t have to get dressed up or drag cranky kids out to dinner!
Men and women having differing opinions when it comes to vacations, too!
- Women are more aggressive drivers while road tripping. Women are more likely to drive “pedal to the metal” while men reported they are more willing to take a “long and leisurely” route.
- Although women typically do more of the housework, men are more likely to bring a housekeeper or babysitter on the vacation.
- Women are less likely to bring the in-laws along, but are more likely to invite their own parents, extended family, and friends.
What other interesting facts did Wyndham Vacation Rentals discover about vacation rental travelers?
(click to enlarge)
Wyndham Vacation Rentals, the world’s largest professional manager of vacation rental properties, is also celebrating National Vacation Rental Month by launching the Road to Happiness Sweepstakes. Visit WyndhamVacationRentals.com for deals in popular destinations including beach and mountain rentals, and enter the Road to Happiness Sweepstakes for a chance to win a road trip vacation package! You can learn more and play to win at RoadtoHappySweeps.com.
Do you have an accommodation preference when taking a vacation? What amenities do you find make your trip less stressful?
Latest posts by Jennifer M. (see all)
- Conference Bound & Armed with CuVerro Antimicrobial Copper - February 20, 2017
- How Black Mold in Your House Can Affect Your Family’s Health - February 18, 2017