Did you know that October is National Pizza Month? I had no clue, but Restaurant.com (who is sponsoring this post) is helping you celebrate Pizza Month and sharing some fun facts about eating pizza.
We’re big fans of pizza. We eat it at least once a week and like to try new pizza places as often as possible. Just last night we had pizza for dinner. I tried out a white pizza with spinach and tomatoes. It was delicious.
Pizza is a quick meal and one we don’t have to cook that satisfies our appetite. To learn more about how people like their pizza, Restaurant.com created a survey. Here’s some of what they found out:
- 81% prefer independently owned pizza place versus popular pizza chains.
- Most want to save money on their pizza. They look for deals or coupons at least some of the time.
- 37.5 percent of pizza eaters dine out for pizza instead of using delivery services.
- The most liked type of crust is thin and crunchy. Next is hand-tossed New York style. And the least popular is Chicago Deep Dish.
How do you fit into these categories? I agree with the independently owned restaurants. I’m always trying to save money on our pizza. We rarely eat out. Instead we pick up our pizza. In my family we have different favorite crusts so we usually order two pizzas. Oh well, some habits are hard to break!
Besides celebrating Pizza Month, Restaurant.com helps us save money on pizza with their deals on restaurant gift certificates. They provide local pizza places with lots of customers, which assists the local community.
I have a giveaway for a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate. It’s open to US residents 18 and older. One submission (not entry) per household. You have 48 hours to claim your prize via email.
Disclosure: I received a Restaurant.com gift card for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- How to Prepare Your High School Kid for College #JourneytoCollege - August 18, 2014
- Help Hungry Kids This Summer #SummerofGiving - June 24, 2014
- Myasthenia Gravis Month – Let’s Find a Cure - June 21, 2014