Thank you to Connie for having me here at Brain Foggles today! I blog at Forgetful Momma, I am busy stay at home mom, blogger, and student, and wouldn’t have it any other way. Today I thought I’d share our family bucket list for our summer vacation this year.
This summer we are taking a family vacation for the first time in years… ever? We’ve done weekend getaways but nothing like this. You see, we’re taking three whole weeks of vacation time and heading to Nova Scotia to visit our family, friends and get a taste of sea air, and of course for me, sea food.
Since there are four of us and we still have stuff a.k.a junk left at Hubby’s parents’ house to bring back with us, we’re driving it again. At least 3,800 km each way. Go us. Since it will be our only vacation and trip home for the year we’re planning on making it a great one. I even have a bucket list. A simple one but still important.
- Hit the Toronto Zoo on the way there – I will suffer afterwards but the girls will love it
- Go to a beach – Atlantic ocean – we’re going to freeze but I want my toes in the ocean again
- Have family BBQ
- Go to our family’s annual horseshoe tournament
- Hit MarineLand on the way home – only if we have time, and still have money left over!
- Visit some great friends! There are some people that I have missed so much over the last 10 months.
It’s not a huge bucket list but in the three weeks off we have we’ll only be home for about a week and a half. Big bummer but we have a lot of visiting to fit in there and some relaxing too hopefully.
Are you going on a family vacation this year? Have a bucket list you’d like to share? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S. I’d love for you to check Forgetful Momma out on some of our social media sites such as Facebook and follow along for the fun!
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- Family Trip to Marietta Square, Georgia - September 9, 2014
- Cluster Headaches are the Devil - September 3, 2014
- How to Prepare Your High School Kid for College #JourneytoCollege - August 18, 2014