The Dallas Omni Hotel welcomed me with valuable and personalized special features. Arriving from a flight and expecting a busy day at the Family Travel Conference, the Omni did all it could to make my stay comfortable and to fit my needs.
Customer service began before I got inside. A valet helped me with the doors as I was using my trusty scooter and had difficulty getting into the lobby. Check in was simple. When I verified my accessible room, there was a trusty “yes” and a reminder about the Omni Select special features.
A kind gentleman from Bell Services showed me to my room and explained some of the features that awaited me:
- TV Hidden in Mirror – “Be entertained while you brush your teeth”, said my Bell Hop. This was so unusual that I had to take photos and text them right away! (located in the bathroom)
- Plush Robes – I wore one just to feel like luxurious. It worked.
- Turn Down Service – This always makes me feel like I’m royalty.
My room at the Dallas Omni was spacious, sophisticatedly decorated, with a stunning view. The Omni prides itself on their private artwork collection made up of more than 6500 pieces. Some art is even found in guest rooms. The bedding helped me fall asleep easily. I felt like I was in a soft cocoon.
Since my room was accessible, it had features that other rooms did not. My doorway was enlarged to enable easy access for myself and my scooter. It had grab bars around the toilet and in the tub. The two shower heads were extremely helpful and unexpected.
Because I am a member of Omni Select, I had even more features to enjoy:
- Free Wi-Fi – Even if I am not traveling for business, I admit that I don’t unplug as often as I should.
- Free Morning Beverage – I’m not a coffee drinker, so I was thankful to find juices, tea, milk, and other drinks available. Order two per person the night before and specify when they should arrive.
- Free Ironing – Two items pressed during your stay…the Omni knows how to make busy moms very happy.
- Free Bottled Water – On my arrival night, I found a water bottle and my ice bucket filed. Now that’s service.
But the most important featuress at the Dallas Omni are their staff. Everyone was exceedingly helpful. I was treated with dignity and respect as someone who was traveling alone with a disability. Assistance was easily found and smiles were plentiful.
Disclosure: My stay at the Omni Dallas was complimentary as an attendee of the Family Travel Conference. I was not asked to write a review in return. All opinions are my own, as always.
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- The Good Lie Movie with Reese Witherspoon #Giveaway - December 20, 2014
- Get the Holidays Right – Adopt or Foster Parent - December 18, 2014
- Finding the Perfect Gift with Well Gifted - December 15, 2014