Whenever I visit Walt Disney World, I treat myself to at least a snack. Now at New Fantasyland there are more options of food and drink to choose. During the Blogger and Social Media event, we had the opportunity to taste some tantalizing treats in the Enchanted Forest area.
These are some that I have personally tried along with the location they are served:
Specialty Beverage – LeFou’s Brew is made with frozen apple juice drink with toasted marshmallows. You can get it in a souvenir mug or purchase just the drink. Although I haven’t had the signature drink at another theme park in the same area, I’m sure that this is going to be its competition. I was reminded of apple cider, but with a much better zest. I’ll be back for more.
Be Our Guest Non-Alcoholic Drinks – served in light up Goblets
- All Natural Fruit Punch with lemon/lime foam
- All Natural Lemonade with wild berry foam
I’m actually not sure which of these beverages I had, but I couldn’t handle more than a few sips. I found it to be much too sweet.
Be Our Guest Restaurant Appetizers
- Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages served with Cornichons, Pickled Onions, and Toasted Baguette – Our platter did not have the pickled onion or baguette. The meats were tasty and the cornichons which are sour gherkins added a punch. The presentation was lovely, on a wooden cutting board.
- Mussels Provençal with White Wine, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Basil, and Butter – I can’t say enough about this dish. If I didn’t have to share, the bowl would have been gone in a few minutes. This is another item I’ll be ordering again.
- Seasonal Salad Trio -Three individual bowls of: Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin, and Orange Salad, Green Bean, Tomato, and Roasted Shallot Salad and Watermelon, Radish, and Mint Salad – It’s just me, but most of the time I can’t handle fruit mixed with vegetables or meat. This was one of those times; however the tomato and green bean salad landed on my dish. It was eaten with pleasure.
Be Our Guest Entrée
Sautéed Shrimp and Scallops with vegetables in a puff pastry – This was my choice because seafood is one of my all time favorites. It lived up to my expectations. No skimping on the shrimp or scallops and I used the pastry to soak up the sauce. Perfection!
Be Our Guest Desserts – I wasn’t the least bit embarrassed to ask for two desserts after eating the first.
- Chocolate Cream Puff filled with chocolate mouse – I’m a chocolate lover, but there are times when some desserts give me chocolate overload. Not here. With a whipped cream topping, some berries and a light pastry, this was my favorite dessert.
- Triple Chocolate Cupcake is made up of chocolate cake filled with chocolate mouse and chocolate ganache – Best shared because of too much chocolate (see above).
- The Gray Stuff – this was a surprise, but I made room to give it a try. I won’t give away what it’s made of, but suffice to say that it’s delicious!
The desserts at Be Our Guest Restaurant are given a special place during your meal. They are rolled in on a glass enclosed trolley so that you can view each one, ask questions of your server and then make your choice. You can take your time savoring the flavors along with a cup of coffee or tea.
(See the Be Our Guest menus for lunch and dinner)
Have you tasted this fabulous food and drink at New Fantasyland? If not, what are you looking forward to?
As an invited guest to the New Fantasyland event for bloggers and social media, I was allowed access to areas and events in the New Fantasyland. I and my family were provided with 2 nights at the Polynesian Resort, some meals, park tickets, entrance to Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and swag. I am not required nor was I asked to write about the events by Disney. All opinions are my own.