I knew I was going to vote for President Obama again when he announced that he would be running again. The choice was that clear.
Some of My Reasons:
The Economy – President Obama has put the middle class and low-income class first and will continue to do so. . He is working to end poverty and hunger by helping people get trained for work, by creating jobs, lowering taxes and supporting services such as SNAP (food stamps) and WIC.
He has bailed out the auto industry because it stopped people from losing their jobs and is now creating more jobs. He reformed Wall Street which leveled the playing field for working families.
- He is working with states to reform the No-Child-Left-Behind Act. So far 10 states have requested and been given flexibility to raise standards, while taking into account what students need.
- The President is committed to make it easier for middle class and low-income students to attend college. Pell Grants will increase in the 2013-2014 academic year under the President’s leadership. It will be easier to repay student loans. “The American Opportunity Tax Credit will be fully refundable and will ensure that the first $4,000 of a college education is completely free for most Americans.”
Women’s Rights –
- Equal Pay for Equal Work – The Lily Ledbetter Act was President Obama’s first piece of legislation that he signed.
- Women’s Right to Choose – Pres. Obama includes birth control coverage for women in his Affordable Care Act. He will not appoint Supreme Court Judges who will overturn Roe V. Wade and stands by his belief that a women’s health care decisions are between her and her doctor. He will work to continue funding for Planned Parenthood.
- The President recognizes that rape is rape, simple as that.
- He understands the economic struggles that come from unplanned pregnancies.
Equal Rights –
- He’s ended Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and supports Gay Marriage.
- Veterans deserve to be recognized for their service, get the medical and mental health care they deserve and use the skills they learn during service to get jobs when they return home.
- His Dream Act allows migrant children born in the US or brought here by their parents work permits and stops their deportation.
- The President’s Affordable Care Act will provide health insurance for all Americans, even those with pre-existing conditions.
President Obama Has Been and Will be the Leader for All Americans -
The choice is clear – Do you want a President who doesn’t give details on his platform and expects you to trust him? A President who changes his message depending on who is listening and the timing of the campaign? What about someone who is rude and believes he is above others? Think about a man who talks about helping others in need, but wants to end programs that are humane?
I want a President who speaks the truth and admits when he is wrong. One who has a clear, defined platform that seeks to motivate people and provide that assistance they need. A man who believes that playing by the rules is for all of us. That President is Barack Obama.
I support President Obama and I urge you to listen to the facts and then vote.