Who’s ready for back to school? Jcpenney is lending a helping hand by offering free haircuts for kids K-6 all through the month of August to get ready for the new school year. Today is their big kick off, so hurry in! When your little one sits down for a new style or a trim, jcpenney will donate $1 to the Boys and Girls Club and to 4-H today thanks to jcp Caress Philanthropy.
Besides getting something for free and doing good, your children will get the red carpet treatment with fun activities geared towards them. Teach your kids about giving back by sharing some info about the Boys and Girls Club and 4H:
Boys and Girls Club of America
- Clubs provide a safe, affordable place for young people during non-school hours and during the summer.
- Clubs are led by paid, trained youth development professionals.
- Children have a place to play, have fun and learn.
- Lots of famous people were members of the Club.
- The 4 H’s stand for Head – Managing, Thinking
Heart – Relating, Caring
Hands – Giving, Working
Health – Being, Living
- 4-H’ers participate in fun, hands-on learning activities focused on three areas: healthy living, citizenship, science.
- Lots of famous people were members of 4-H.
Another way to save money from jcpenney – get a complete pair of eyeglasses for $25 for kids ages 16 and under starting today until the end of August.
So, what are you waiting for? You’ll be cutting down on an expense and helping out two fantastic nonprofits at the same time. Gather up your kids, tell the neighbors and your family and head out to jcpenney today. And please take time to share this post.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post and will receive a free haircut as well from a jcpenney salon. Information about the Boys and Girls Club and 4-H was provided by their websites. All opinions are my own as always.