Last year I wrote about getting ready for Disney Social Media Moms. This time around I want to focus on what to bring. So get your luggage out and get those packing lists ready!
Conference Related Items
- Laptop, Notebook and/or Tablet – We’ll probably have an internet connection during the conference day on Saturday, so bring something small enough to connect, but large enough to take notes or even write a quick blog post during some down time.
- Travel Power Strip - Disney has been very good about power strips in the conference rooms the past two years, but if you’re going to be plugging in more than one item, bring along a travel power strip. My favorite is the Belkin Mini Surge Protector Dual USB Charger
- Paper and Pens - We all need to write notes by hand. Have some just in case.
- Business Cards - Carry a bunch with you. You’ll be surprised how many people will ask for one.
- Gadgets - If you think you might need it, bring it – camera, smartphone, smartphone charger, Flip camera power charger, USB card, and Gorilla camera tripod.
Clothing and Accessories:
- Business Casual – for Conference day. Include a sweater or light jacket as the temperature can be cold in our room.
- For Dinners - This is pretty much up to you, but my advice is nothing too risquÃ©. You’ll be having photos taken, some by Disney photographers and other bloggers. Consider the location, specifically if it will be held outdoors so you can check on the weather. Don’t forget the theme of the meal. You may do fine with a pair of capris or shorts and a Disney top. Usually a sun dress, pair of slacks and a nice top will do just fine. Be comfortable! Your children can rock it in their best Disney outifits!
- For Down Time - Since you’ll most likely spend your down time at the parks, my very important tip is to wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking. The temperature will most likely be in the 80′s, so wear lightweight clothing, sunglasses, a hat, and a bag that isn’t too heavy or made of plastic material that can stick to you. My favorite type of bag is Vera Bradley. Don’t forget a change of clothing for your baby and toddlers.
- Bring a copy of your hotel confirmation and your schedule of events – you may want to make a copy for the other adults and teens traveling with you
- Airline Tickets, Magic Express Tickets – if needed
Very Important Extras:
- Sunscreen – You’ll be using a lot of it. If you’re flying and can only bring along 3 oz., consider sunscreen wipes or purchase more at Disney World.
- Swimsuits – Even if you don’t want to take a swim in one of the Disney Yacht Club pools, which I highly recommend it, you may want to escort your child at Stormalong Bay or relax on the sandy white shore of Crescent Lake or in one of the Jacuzzis.
- Disney Costumes – Allow your little one to bring along their princess or pirate costume or a
Buzz Lightyear Costume Tee for Boys and wear it to the parks. They’ll have fun and get a lot of attention from other guests and CM’s (Cast Members) too.
- Snacks – Your hotel room will have a refrigerator. If you have a car and can get to a nearby grocery store, stock up on snacks and other food items, especially for breakfast, lunch and bedtime. If you don’t, use a delivery service like Garden Grocer.
- First Aid Kit – Include Band-Aids, Neosporin, aspirin, fever reducing medicine for your children, Tums or other antacids, etc. Better to be safe than sorry.
Don’t forget to take time to meet all of those bloggers you’ve known on line for a long time, or just met, and network. Come over and hug me! And most of all have fun!
What did I miss? What are you packing for Disney Social Media Moms?