The Food Bloggers Bake Sale will be held in areas near you on April 28. Join Bloggers without Borders to help raise money through yummy desserts for hungry children in the USA. Your talent with food and your willingness to volunteer can make a difference. Last year, the Bake Sale raised $25,000. Their goal this year is to double that number to $50,000. Let’s show what bloggers can do!
The Partners of the Bake Sale
Bloggers without Borders are partnering with Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale & Gaby Dalkin on this year’s Food Blogger Bake Sale. The statistics about childhood hunger are staggering: nearly 1 in 5 kids in America struggling with hunger (16 million), less than half of eligible children get free or reduced school breakfast, over 20 million children get a free or reduced-price school lunch on an average school day, and 18.6 million children benefit from SNAP (food stamps). Now is the time to help! For the last two years, this blogging community has shown its support for Share Our Strength, always raising more money than the year before.
With just $1 connecting a child to 10 meals, you can help Share Our Strength ensure that the more than 16 million kids facing hunger today never go hungry again.
How to Help the Bake Sale
Here’s a list of bake sales that are already taking place. If you’re interested in participating in a bake sale, please reach out to the host. If there isn’t a bake sale taking place in your area, maybe you’d like to host one. I hope you do. Here’s how:
- Register at www.GreatAmericanBakeSale.org/signup. Registering will get you access to online fundraising tools. Additional tools and resources can be found in The Bake Sale Resources Center. Don’t forget to check out the top 10 tips for your bake sale, flyers, stickers, pricing tips and much more.
- Send an e-mail to Gaby Dalkin (email@example.com) & Sarah Peppel (firstname.lastname@example.org) – on behalf of Share Our Strength) with the following information:
Preferred Email address
Questions about the Bake Sale?
General questions about Food Bloggers Bake Sale can be answered through the FAQs section of Share Our Strength.
Happy Baking and eating!
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- The Good Lie Movie with Reese Witherspoon #Giveaway - December 20, 2014
- Get the Holidays Right – Adopt or Foster Parent - December 18, 2014
- Finding the Perfect Gift with Well Gifted - December 15, 2014