The Holidays and entertaining go hand in hand with Giada De Laurentiis for Target. Her selection of cookware and delectable grocery items add that special touch to your own recipes. Having items created by Giada herself makes preparing, cooking and serving easy and who doesn’t like easy this time of year?
I received the following Giada De Laurnettis cookware:
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target 2-Quart Ceramic Oval Baker, $19.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target 9â€ Ceramic Pie Pan, $16.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Silicone Spoonula with Stainless Steel Handle, $9.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set with Pour Spout, $19.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk, $7.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, $15.99
I was awed by the quality of each item. And each piece is useful with something specific to make it helpful. For example, the bowls’ spouts make pouring easy and a lot less messy.
I also received the following Giada foods:
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee, $6.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Black Olive Tapenade, $2.99
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes, $3.49
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, $3.49
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Mushrooms, $3.49
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Genovese Basil Pesto, $3.49
- Giada De Laurentiis for Target Eggplant & Pepper Pesto, $2.99
These make for easy appetizers (except for the coffee). You can toast up some bread and spread the tapenade and pestos. Add some sliced cheeses, lunch meat and the mushrooms, roasted peppers and create an antipasto.
Giada has some of own recipes included with her items on Target. Here’s one that we tried:
â€¢ 1 cup granulated sugar
â€¢ ¼ tsp ground allspice
â€¢ ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
â€¢ ¼ tsp ground ginger
â€¢ 1 cup boiling water
â€¢ 1 cup brewed Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee
â€¢ 1 cup heavy cream
â€¢ 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small sauce pan combine the granulated sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
4. In a heat proof pitcher or measuring cup add the boiling water to the coffee /espresso. Divide it among four 6 to 8 oz cups.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the spiced syrup to each cup and stir to combine.
6. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
7. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream – dust with cinnamon and add cinnamon stick.
Yield: 4 servings/ 4 (6-8 oz) cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Giada’s items can’t help but put you in the mood to create in the kitchen. I’ve already planned an antipasto and a pumpkin pie for Christmas. I look forward to using my Giada De Laurntiss for Target cookware and speciality groceries for holiday entertaining and for every day cooking and baking.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- How to Prepare Your High School Kid for College #JourneytoCollege - August 18, 2014
- Help Hungry Kids This Summer #SummerofGiving - June 24, 2014
- Myasthenia Gravis Month – Let’s Find a Cure - June 21, 2014