The Heart of Haiti is in the holiday mood and has the very best of artisan products for your gift giving pleasure. The wonderful thing about making a purchase from the Heart of Haiti is that you are helping to create a sustainable means of employment for Haitain artists, who are still recovering from the earthquake of 2010. A beautiful gift and a way to give back it can’t get better than that!
The Heart of Haiti is a partnership between the artisans of Haiti, Macy’s and the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. It’s not aid – it’s trade. Artisans are helped with marketing, product development, importing and logistics through Fairwinds Trading, including a large monetary investment. Macy’s sells all of the products.
I received the Paper Mache Owl of Secrets Christmas Ornament, which is handcrafted in Jacmel, Haiti. Signed by the artist, each ornament has a different look. After the Christmas tree is down, you can display this lovely ornament in your window, on a shelf, or dangling from a hardy plant. You’ll receive a certificate of authenticity with your ornament, which is made from recycled cement bags. The cost is $17.00.
Giveaway – A Heart of Haiti Songbird Picture Frame 4″ x 6″ ($25)
- Recycled steel
- Handcrafted in Haiti
- Holds 4″ x 6″ photos
- 9″ x 11.5″
- Because each item is a unique work of art, variations in size and color will occur
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
- Signed by the artisan
- Contest starts now and ends November 26, 2011
- Open to adults 18 and over within the USA
- One submission per household (not entry)
- Winner will be chosen by Random.org
- Winner has 2 days to claim prize via email
How To Enter
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Visit the Heart of Haiti and leave a comment about another item you’d choose as a holiday gift. Be sure to use the exact name of the item.
2. Follow ConnieFoggles on Twitter. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Twitter ID
3. Share this post on Facebook by using the Facebook Like button. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Facebook ID.
4. Follow HeartofHaiti on Twitter. Please leave a comment that you did, along with your Twitter ID.
5. Leave a comment on a post that isn’t a giveaway. (a meaningful comment, not â€œgood postâ€, â€œthanks for sharingâ€, etc.). Then leave a comment here about which post.
6. Share this giveaway on a forum or a giveaway link up. Leave a link to this.
7. Leave a comment about another way that you give back either with something you buy or something you do during the holidays.
8. Tweet this exactly. You may tweet this daily: (leave a link to your tweet):
I was provided with the Heart of Haiti Owl Ornament for review. All opinions are my own.