Speak Now for Kids is an advocacy campaign of the National Association of Children’s Hospitals (N.A.C.H.) created to help us communicate with congress about children’s health programs. They need our help now because two very important programs are facing cuts:
- Medicaid – funds health care coverage for one in three children in the U.S. and half of all kids who find themselves in children’s hospitals
- Children’s Hospital Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) – funds pediatric residency training. A shortage of pediatric specialists can have major consequences on the timeliness and availability of health care children receive.
Why Speak Now For Kids is Personal
As someone who uses a children’s hospital for medical care for my daughter, I want to Speak Now! We already have to travel over an hour to get proper pediatric care. And I know of other parents who have to travel farther or can’t afford the specialized medical treatment that children need. Children are not small adults. Doctors who are trained in pediatrics need to be the ones who treat them.
You can Speak Now
- Send a direct message to your member of Congress (they’re on Twitter)
- Use this simple form to contact your representatives quickly and easily
- Involve you child. They can color a flyer and send it to Congress
- Share this information on Twitter and Facebook by using the buttons below this post
- Share this video -
Remember These Dates
- Nov. 23rd: Super Committee deadline for deficit reduction recommendation
- Dec. 15th: Deadline to turn colored flier in to Member of Congress
Let’s do our part for all children in the US. Give them a voice and Speak Now for Kids.
Information for this post was provided by Global Influence. It was my pleasure to share it with you as being an advocate for children’s issues is something I strongly believe in.