MOM, Incorporated is the hot selling book for mothers who want to go into business or who are already in business, but need practical advice. Consider this as a holiday gift to your fellow business woman, entrepreneur, or friend who asks you about how to start blogging. They’ll be sure to thank you.
Written by Aliza Sherman, mother of one with 20 years experience in business mainly on the internet and Danielle Elliot Smith, mother of two with two thriving blogs, media training and public speaking businesses (among others), you get two points of view on how to determine what type of business is for you and how to go about achieving success. MOM, Incorporated is a guide that teaches mothers owning a running a business is possible.
I’ve read through this book two times already and plan on reading through it again as a guide. I’ll fill in the information this time around and use it to make my blog into a legal business. Even after blogging for almost 4 years, I learned a lot, especially when it came to the legal and financial aspects of owning a business. It helped me to realize the more you treat your work professionally, the more you will come off as a professional.
Some highlights from Mom, Incorporated:
- Types of businesses and which one fits your interests and lifestyle
- Legal information, business plans, marketing plans and more
- Financial information – learning how much money you’ll need to start your money, where to find it, setting income goals
- Where to work and what equipment you’ll need
- Getting help with your business – hiring, bartering, childcare
- Branding and promotion
- Success stories – other mothers who’ve made it
Giveaway - A new copy of MOM, Incorporated for 2 Winners!
- Contest starts now and ends November 22, 2011
- Open to adults 18 and over within the USA
- One submission per household (not entry)
- Winner will be chosen by Random.org
- Winner has 2 days to claim prize via email
How To Enter
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Leave a comment about the type of business you’d like to start or one that you’re already involved in.
2. Share this post on Facebook by using the Facebook Like button. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Facebook ID.
3. Tweet this exactly. You may tweet this daily: (leave a link to your tweet):
#Win Mom Incorporated Book for the holidays @ConnieFoggles http://bit.ly/vusw32 #giveaway
I was provided with a copy of Mom, Incorporated for review. Affiliate links are included. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- How to Prepare Your High School Kid for College #JourneytoCollege - August 18, 2014
- Help Hungry Kids This Summer #SummerofGiving - June 24, 2014
- Myasthenia Gravis Month – Let’s Find a Cure - June 21, 2014