November is National Diabetes Awareness Month and the Mamavation community wants to help lessen the effects of Type II Diabetes with Better’n Eggs products. This chronic disease affects 25.8 million children and adults in the U.S, but it can be prevented.
Unfortunately, I know too much about Type II Diabetes, since it runs in my family. My mother is one of six siblings and 4 of them have/had Type II Diabetes. Two of them are insulin dependent. I’ve seen the devastating health effects that Diabetes causes and I don’t want this for my family. Since one of the factors is family history, I am concerned about knowing the symptoms and want to prevent Diabetes for myself and my children.
Prevention of Type II Diabetes
A healthy diet and becoming and staying active are two ways to help prevent Type II Diabetes. You can learn more about prevention tips during the #betterneggs Twitter party including Oprah’s personal trainer and health and wellness expert Bob Greene. The party will be held on on 11/16 from
8-10pm EST. Please be sure to RSVP and learn more about what will be discussed and the amazing prizes!
I’ve been working on a healthy diet for my general health. Sure, I give in to my cravings once in a while, but eating healthy and low calorie foods is important to me. Crystal Farms Better’n Eggs and AllWhites is a good addition to eating better.
Facts about Better’n Eggs Products
- they are fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie alternatives to shell eggs
- they are made from real eggs
- Better’n Eggs is 98% liquid egg whites, plus 2% vitamins and minerals
- AllWhites is 100% liquid egg whites with nothing added
- they are pasteurized fresh egg whites, therefore they can be eaten raw, for example in smoothies
Recipes Using Better’n Eggs Products
Preparation: 5 minutes
Serves: 1- 7 ounce serving
- 1/3 cup AllWhites®
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange, pineapple, apple or cranberry juice
Pour AllWhites and juice in a glass and shake well or place in a food blender to mix well.
Tip: For a thicker shake, include strawberries, bananas, plain yogurt and/or a couple of ice cubes.
Scrambled Egg Margariti Pizza
Time-To-Table: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Better’n Eggs®:
- 1 package (10 ounces) 100% whole wheat thin crust prepared Italian pizza crust
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Crystal Farms® Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oven to 450° F. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook Better’n Eggs in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. As egg starts to set use spatula to lift edge of cooked eggs letting uncooked egg flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist.
- Place pizza crust on large cookie sheet. Top crust with cooked Better’n Eggs, chopped tomatoes, basil and cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What Are You Doing to Prevent Type II Diabetes?
Don’t forget that a healthy diet and exercise can help prevent Type II Diabetes and the progression of it. Let me know what you’re doing?
This is a compensated post from Global Influence. Some of the information was provided, but all thoughts are my own.