As a parent I do all I can to keep my daughter as healthy as possible. I believe that vitamin supplements can help with this. Emergen-C Kidz vitamins contain vitamin C, antioxidants, B vitamins, and electrolytes. They are made with kids in mind with flavors they love – Fruit Punch, Orange, and Grape.
My daughter is not able to take a long list of prescription medicines including many antibiotics because of a cardiac condition. She has a sleep disorder and needs to stay hydrated to prevent other medical problems. Antioxidants can help prevent sickness, electrolytes can help with hydration and the combination of ingredients can increase energy (These statement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration).
When I buy vitamin supplements I look at all of the ingredients and the safety of the product. I found the Emergenc-E uses natural ingredients instead of food dyes and is free of gluten from wheat, oats, rye, and barley. From the Emergen-C site:
We test 100% of our incoming raw materials to confirm that what we received is what we ordered. We use very sophisticated laboratory equipment that takes a near infra red fingerprint of all incoming raw materials, and it compares that fingerprint to our approved raw materials library. If it does not match, the ingredient is rejected.
Another thing I like is that Emergen-C contributes 25 cents for each box sold to Vitamin Angels, who provide essential nutrients for one child for a year. You can help out by taking the Emergen-C Kidz Pledge on Facebook because another 25 cents will be donated for each pledge. You can also learn more about their vitamin supplements on their page.
Review– Emergen-C Kidz is a fizzy drink mix packet. For ages 2 & 3, mix half a packet daily with 2-4 oz of water and for ages 4 & up, mix one packet daily with 4-6 oz of water. The more water you add, the less flavor. Play around with it a bit to see how much water to add for your child’s taste preference. My daughter doesn’t like drinks that are too sweet, so we went with the 6 oz. of water. I understand the need for individual packets, but I can’t help but worry about the waste this makes. And I wish the boxes were made from recycled material.
Giveaway – Sample packages of Emergen-C in Fruit Punch, Orange, and Grape.
- Contest starts now and ends September 27th midnight EST.
- Open to adults 18 and over within the USA
- One submission per household (not entry)
- Winner will be chosen by Random.org
- Winner has 2 days to claim prize via email
How To Enter
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Leave a comment about your decision to give or not give your child vitamin supplements and why.
2. Follow ConnieFoggles on Twitter. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Twitter ID
3. Follow this blog on Bloglovin’ Please leave a comment that you did.
4. Share this post on Facebook by using the button at the top of the post. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Facebook ID.
5. Leave a meaningful comment (not â€œgreat postâ€ or â€œthanks for sharingâ€) on another blog post that isn’t a giveaway. Please let me know which post.
6. Tweet this exactly. You may tweet this daily: (leave a link to your tweet):
Win Emergen-C Kidz Vitamins @ConnieFoggles #giveaway #health http://bit.ly/oX4ISZ PL RT
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Emergen-C and received samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.