In case you didn’t take part in the Tween Academy where we discussed tweens going back to school, I have a summary for you and an awesome giveaway. The chat took place on September 20th and featured Rosalind Wiseman, renowned parenting expert and author of the New York Times bestseller Queen Bees and Wannabes.
We discussed the back to school transition period for families of tweens which included suggestions and advice around these topics:
- Encourage your tween to make friends and help with this effort. Be open to talk to you tween.
- Look to sports or groups such as scouting, school clubs, etc. to offer opportunities to make friends, especially if you tween is shy.
- Keep the lines of communication open between you and your tween so they can come to you if there is a problem with bullying, teasing, etc.
- Learn about the school rules about bullying and seek the school’s help if needed.
- Remember that bullying can take place online. Take steps to monitor your tween’s online and cell phone activity.
- Help your tween become involved in being organized. For example if you do the laundry, your tween puts their clothes away.
- Teach them responsibility for forgetting homework, items for PE, lunch, etc. Give them two chances where you will help out first.
- Create reminders that work for your tween. For example, leave their deodorant near their toothbrush and their homework near their backpack.
You can read the full summary of the Tween Academy Chat on theMotherHood.com with Rosalind Wiseman and take part in the upcoming Tween Academies – Tweens and Personal Hygiene (September 28) and Tweens and Communication (October 4). Rosalind Wiseman is taking part in the Stop Bullying: Speak Up Campaign and will appear with Anderson Cooper and Dr. Phil at 8 p.m. ET on Oct. 9 and 14 (check local listings for channels).
A gift pack from Unilever (the sponsor of the Tween Academy) which includes a Vera Bradley bag; one sample each of Dove, Degree Girl and Degree Men deodorant; and Rosalind Wiseman’s books Queen Bees and Wannabes and Boys, Girls & Other Hazardous Materials.
- Contest starts now and ends October 7th midnight EST.
- Open to adults 18 and over within the USA
- One submission per household (not entry)
- Winner will be chosen by Random.org
- Winner has 2 days to claim prize via email
How To Enter
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Leave a comment about something you do to help your tween (or any age child) with their return to school.
2. Follow ConnieFoggles on Twitter. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Twitter ID
3. Follow this blog on Bloglovin’ Please leave a comment that you did.
4. Share this post on Facebook by using the button at the top of the post. Please leave a comment that you did along with your Facebook ID.
5. Leave a meaningful comment (not â€œgreat postâ€ or â€œthanks for sharingâ€) on another blog post that isn’t a giveaway. Please let me know which post.
6. Tweet this exactly. You may tweet this daily: (leave a link to your tweet):
#Win Unilver Giftpack @ConnieFoggles http://bit.ly/r4v4zu #giveaway #DontFretTheSweat
I was provided with the same giftpack and a stipend from Unilver and theMotherHood.com for my posts and taking part in the live chat on September 20th.
Latest posts by Connie Roberts (see all)
- Together We Can Change Women’s Lives - March 10, 2014
- Miche Bags: A Mix of Style and Social Responsibility - February 28, 2014
- End Newborn Death #FirstDay #GlobalTeamof200 - February 25, 2014