We had our dream vacation in Hawaii in November of 2009 and with the Jetsetvacations.com Twitter Party you can learn about their travel services and enter to win $1000 gift certificate towards your next vacation – maybe Hawaii?
Our Hawaii Vacation
Visiting Hawaii is a trip of a lifetime. It’s something that my husband and I have planned on doing when he retired, but we were lucky to win a trip to the Big Island! We stayed one week, swam, relaxed and took in the sites. The relaxing lifestyle of Hawaii rubbed off on us as we got to know the staff of our hotel. Soon we were saying, “no worries” when something didn’t go the way we planned.
Although we live in Florida, there’s nothing like the beaches of Hawaii. They are so gorgeous that sometimes I thought I was dreaming when I looked at them. Our hotel had a huge lobby that was open to the pool area and the beach. Most of the restaurant had just a roof over it. Our room overlooked the pool and beach. No matter where we were at the hotel, we had a view of the beach. And believe me it was magnificent!
We visited some local restaurants, a seahorse farm, a nearby resort, shops, a number of beaches and drove up the mountain roads. We woke up early, took a nap in the middle of the day and stayed up late. We took suggestions from the staff that we came to know about what to see and what to avoid.
We definitely plan on another trip to Hawaii. We learned some things to make our next trip more enjoyable, if that’s possible.
Tips for a Hawaii Vacation
- Break up your flight to Hawaii (depending on your starting point, of course). Stop in Las Vegas or California and spend some time there, then finish your flight there and back home. The jet lag we had from flying to Hawaii to Florida in one day was pretty bad.
- Stay at least a full week. If you want to see the sights, you’ll need time. If you want to relax, it will take time to get comfortable.
- Make sure the Luau you attend is authentic – pig roasted in the ground. Do your research in advance or ask your travel agent.
- Go with the flow. The weather in Hawaii can change suddenly. Have some indoor activities planned.
- Take tons of photos and videos.
- JetSetVacations.com is a travel wholesaler with 15 years of experience that can serve all of your travel booking needs whether you’re looking for a family adventure, quick weekend away, or romantic trip for two.
- Every booking provides you with white glove service which includes a vacation concierge to assist you with your needs while you are on vacation.
- They guarantee the lowest rates to Mexico, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica and specialize in helping families travel on a budget.
JetSetVacations.com Twitter Party
Learn more and enter to win $1,000 vacation credit, flip camcorders and digital cameras by participating in the JetSetVacations.com Twitter Party this Wednesday night from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/ijMbgq
This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Global Influence and I have been compensated for my participation.