The Energizer Inductive Charger is a space saving, easy to use device for smart phones, cell phones, headsets, mp3 players, cameras or GPS devices.Ã‚ Sleek looking and using just one cord, this is a charger that you don’t need to hide.
Featuring Qi (pronounced chee), “the universal standard for inductive charging”, makes the Energizer Inductive Charger able to charge smart phones no matter the manufacturer. It also includes a USB port for the other devices mentioned above.
- Delivers easy, convenient, cord-free charging for the iPhone 3GS/3G and BlackBerry CurveÃ¢â€ž¢ 8900 via sleeve and door accessories
- Offers two large inductive charging areas with one additional USB charging port
- Is compatible with Qi-enabled devices today and in the future; Qi is an open source standard for products defined for 5 watts of power or less (e.g., phones, mp3 player, cameras)
- Provides freedom of placement within the two large inductive charging areas
- Does not contain magnets for alignment, so charging doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t require precise placement
- Features a sleek, rounded rectangle design with two LED charge indicator
Qi is a type of wireless charging. Look for this logo on devices that you own to see if they are Qi-enabled –
In the future, manufacturers are expected to design more devices that are Qi-enabled. With the Energizer Inductive Charger, then, you are ahead of the game.
Not having those dangling charger cords for the two iPhones in my house is a saving grace. I love that I can just plop down my phone on one side of the charger pad, no need to place it directly in place (I’m a color-outside the lines kind of girl). That extra USB port gets used as well. It’s a all in one charger for us. I have it in the den so we don’t forget to charge up overnight or when our phones are running low whenever.
The downside is the iPhone Sleeve, which is necessary for charging your iPhone 3G or 3Gs smart phone. You also need one for Blackberry Curve 8900. The iPhone sleeve is black and sturdy, but not my style. Plus it costs extra. I have to switch out sleeves so I can be stylish. For those of you don’t mind, the sleeve can be kept on all the time. As stated above, this will soon be a thing of the past when more smart phones are Qi-enabled.
You can purchase the Energizer Inductive Charger and the sleeves at Target, Best Buy and from Amazon.com – The Energizer IC2B-US Qi-Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger (Black) is sold for $89.88 right now at Amazon. The Energizer Inductive Door for Blackberry Curve 8900 (Black) and the Energizer Inductive Sleeve for iPhone 3G and 3GS are available from Amazon for $34.99 each.
I was provided with the Energizer Inductive Charger and the iPhone Sleeve for this review. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included.