This is the first time I’m doing a review of my blog posts from the previous year. Since I took an extra long blog vacation, which I thoroughly enjoyed and really needed, I thought I’d start off my “real” writing with a look back on 2010. I’ve broken them up into categories:
Product Reviews – Some of my favorite products and my favorite written reviews
- You’ve Been Sentence Board Game – I just realized that I should have bought this game for my daughter Alicia and son-in-law for Christmas. They’re big game players and this would make a great addition to their collection. My favorite lines from this review, “This is some of the best fun IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve had without drinking and marital relations. (This is a family friendly blog.) ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s totally different when played with my husband and daughter, then when played with my husband and adult friends. Think Twister, only with words and less sweating.”Ã‚ I can just imagine Alicia, Scott and their friends playing this game.
- Trendy Twin and Kid Shop Mom and Daughter Shirts – Some awesome shirts that Sammi and I loved to wear together. I’ll have to order a bigger shirt for Sammi though.
- Yoursphere – The safe, socialÃ‚ networking site for children, tweens and teens that Sammi still uses. Founded by Mary Kay Hoal, who I got to meet in real life and have come to call a friend.
- Kids Spinbrush My Way – Just got a new one for Sammi. Yes, it really helps children want to brush their teeth.
- iGo Charge Anywhere – I take this everywhere with me to be sure that my iPhone is always charged.
Conferences of 2010
- SmartMoms Solutions Roadshow in Tampa – Although a small gathering, a chance to meet bloggers in the area where I live. I hope there are others in the future.
- Disney Social Media Moms Celebration – Held in my favorite place, full of surprises and the ability to spend time with my family and blogging friends, excitement was the key word. I’ll be attending the 2011 event and can’t wait!
- BlogHer (My Views) – My first BlogHer, an emotional time for me. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it this year due to the location, but it’s on my list of conferences to attend.
- Type-A Mom – I’ve been bitten by the bug that is Type-A and will be back for more this year. Kelby and her team uses some kind of magic when creating the sessions, etc. and I want to be part of it.
- IzeaFest (The Conference That Wasn’t) – I made some assumptions that weren’t true about Izea when I wrote this post, but I was upset that IzeaFest wasn’t held.
Social Causes – the ability to make a difference this year was made easier due to companies, non-profits and blog groups who pitched me
- Hershey’s Easter Basket Giving – I was able to give away Easter Baskets to foster children and needy children at an elementary school.
- Hebrew National Better-Than-A-Picnic Picnic in Tampa -Ã‚ As a part of the Tampa group we gathered donations for the Save Our Seabirds and the National Wildlife Foundation.
- City Of Hope Ambassador – Before, during and after BlogHer, I helped raise awareness and funding for City Of Hope.
- Random Acts of Wellness with Walgreens – Spreading information about flu shots and giving away Walgreens flu shot gift cards in real life and on my blog was a worthwhile effort.
- Dove Movement for Self-Esteem – Being chosen as one of the Dove Movement Champions was one of my proudest moments this year.
- Build-A-Bear Helping Holiday – I attended the Tampa store, helped share how Build-A-Bear takes part in many social causes and made a bear for Toys For Tots. I look forward to more events like this.
- Random Acts Of Zhu – Giving Zhu-Zhu pets to my local Blessings In A Backpack and Toys For Tots made me enjoy my holiday even more.
What Have I Learned
- Product reviews and giveaways are fun and an important part of my blog, but I want to focus less on them in the coming year.
- Conferences help me to network and learn how to grow my blog. I intend on attending conferences again this year, but focusing more on the professional sessions, connecting with people who I can learn from and work with. I’ll still have fun though and want to meet bloggers from other areas as well.
- I want to focus much more on social causes.
- Travel is another area that interests me. I want to travel more and write about my experiences.
Have you reviewed your blog from 2010? What are some of the things you want to continue doing or want to change on your blog?