The Top Ten Ways To Save Money On Vacation:
1.Ã‚ Search For Sales – Using the internet has made saving on travel easier than ever. Search for coupon codes, low season hotel rates and low cost airfare. You can sign up for emails to be notified of sales, join online travel clubs or coupon sites.
2. Travel Off Season – Learn when off season and vacation during that time. Beware of why it’s off season, consider the weather and other issues. If the reasons won’t affect your vacation, go for it! You may have less crowds and more fun.
3. Don’t Forget The Refrigerator – If you’re staying at a hotel, make sure there’s at least a refrigerator. Even better is a small kitchen area including a microwave and sink. This allows you to keep snacks, eat breakfast in your room, save money on deserts, etc.
4. Camping Is A Vacation Too – Save lots of money and go camping. Drive, sleep in a tent and do your own cooking.
5. Drive Instead of Flying – If possible, drive to your destination instead of flying. You won’t need to rent a car upon your arrival. You’ll save money on airfare and all of the fees that go along with flying. You’ll be able to see more along the way.
6. Vacation At An All Inclusive Resort – Sometimes an all inclusive resort can save you money because your meals, drinks and activities are covered in your price. Always research to see if that’s the case before booking.
7. Stay Close To Home – Travel close to home and see sights that you haven’t before. Just getting away from home, going to a hotel, swimming in a pool or at a beach, visiting attractions and eating at new restaurants is lots of fun. You’re saving money because you’re not traveling far. It’s easy to find coupons.
8. Cruise – Almost the same as the all inclusive resort, but you’re visiting more places along the way – a nice extra.
9. Kids Eat Free – Find kids eat free resorts so you don’t have to pay extra for your children’s meals.
10. Visit Family – Besides the memories you’ll make being with your family, you’ll have a place to stay and spend less money on meals. Don’t forget your manners. Take your family out to eat a few meals, leave gifts and let them stay with you also.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Toyota Sienna and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.