You’ve Been Sentenced is a fun-filled board game for ages 8 and up. Yes, it’s educational because you use grammar to form sentences. Reading aloud is a skill that’s honed during the game and of course, you use your creativity and imagination. The laughter though, is the key. And it’s always part of the game, at least the games we’ve played in my house.
Here’s a quick synopsis of the rules of You’ve Been Sentenced – you’re given 10 cards with 5 forms of the same word (or a wild card). Then use your wits to form a sentence. It does have to be grammatically correct, but you can push the limits. As soon as you’ve done you’re best, grab the timer and turn it over. The rest of the players now have to complete their sentences until the timer runs out. Wanna give it a try for yourself right now? You can play a demo game online for free.
Remember when I wrote about reading aloud? When it comes time to read your sentence, try hard not to laugh too much. (That’s a rule we added ever since “the soda out of the nose fiasco”.)Ã‚ You’re going to have to sell that sentence too. Because anyone can say it isn’t correct. That’s when the rest of the group gangs up, I mean makes a decision about it.
There’s many ways to play the game, for example you can give one wild card to every player to keep. The rule booklet provides lots of choices and I bet you’ll come up with some variations on your own too. That’s one reason why it works well with children and adults. I think you can figure out the other reasons…
Important Info: A portion of each sale of You’ve Been Sentenced is donated to Success Won’t Wait, Sharing The Gift Of Literacy.
My Review: This is some of the best fun I’ve had without drinking and marital relations. (This is a family friendly blog.) It’s totally different when played with my husband and daughter, then when played with my husband and adult friends. Think Twister, only with words and less sweating. We played just using the timer, then Casual (without the timer). All I can say is some people are great BS artists. Oh and my daughter is is extremely smart too.
Purchase: You can find You’ve Been Sentenced! on Amazon.com for $24.99 or from McNeill Designs For Brighter Minds online shop for the same price. You can also locate brick and mortar stores from McNeill.
I also received 5 Add On Decks – Sports Highlights, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Gourmet Cuisine, Pop Culture and Reader’s Digest National Word Power Challenge.
Wheel of Chore-Ture – Hang this on the fridge and get your kid or spouse to let fate decide on what chore to do.
Twisted Fish Card Game – Based on Go Fish, but in a weird way, your goal is to get a set of each of the 5 colors. There’s surprises though as you play,Ã‚ including Zinger cards and the illustrations on the cards really bring it the next level. For ages 6 and up.
Giveaway: You’ve Been Sentenced Board Game along with the 5 Add On Packs, Wheel of Torture and Twisted Fish Card Game. Total ARV – $75
- Contest starts now and ends April 6th midnight EST.
- Open to adults 18 and over from US.
- One entry per household.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org.
- Winner have 2 days to claim prize via email.
- Have fun and tell your friends.
How To Enter:
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Mandatory Ã¢â‚¬â€œ If you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t do this, no other entries will be accepted Ã¢â‚¬â€œ VisitÃ‚ MacNeill Designs For Brighter Minds and leave a comment about one of the news items you’ve read, or something that I haven’t mentioned here. Please donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t copy from the entry above you.
- Follow my blog, Brain Foggles, on Facebook. (Please leave your Facebook ID)
- Become a fan of my blog, Brain Foggles, on Facebook. (Please leave your Facebook ID)
- Follow me, ConnieFoggles, on Twitter. (Please leave your Twitter ID)
- Use the share button below this post to share this on any network. Leave a comment for each network and your ID there. For example Reddit.
- Follow me on FriendFeed. Please leave your FriendFeed ID.
- Write a blog post linking to this blog post. Leave a link to your post. This is worth 5 Entries. Please leave 5 separate comments such as I wrote a blog post #1, I wrote a blog post #2, etc.
- Tweet this exactly: (leave a link to your tweet or your Twitter ID)
Win a game pack worth $75 @ConnieFoggles http://bit.ly/bTHZiD Ends 4/6 PL RT
This post was written as part of a program for MacNeill Designs For Brighter Minds, who supplied the games for this review.
Giveaway Ended. Winner Announced.