Alphatudes: The Alphabet of Gratitude by Michelle Walker encourages and inspires us to focus on the blessings that we often overlook. Michele Walker wrote Alphatudes after a bout of insomnia, when instead of counting sheep, she counted her blessings in alphabetical order.
According to Walker, Alphatudes are “a person, place or thing for which one alphabetically expresses gratitude”. For example, D is for Dreams. The chapter (and every one) begins with an illustration containing the letter. The illustration is intriguing and for those who mediate or use visualization is a good place to start. Next, comes a quote about dreams. Then a page describing why to be grateful for dreams. Last, a prayer.
My Review: Sounds simple? Just a book about 26 things to be grateful about, not in the least. This is a book to be read again and again. Each time you learn something new. The introduction is a teaching guide with suggestions on how to use the book. Even for someone who is not particularly spiritual, the prayer, can be used as a meditation or an affirmation. Would make a lovely gift, especially for someone going through a difficult time.
Purchase: Alphatudes: The Alphabet of Gratitude can be purchased from Amazon.com for $10.36. It is also available from the website Alphatudes for $12.95. Free music download of Olivia Newton John’s “Grace and Gratitude” is included with each purchase.
Giveaway: A new copy of the book Alphatudes: The Alphabet of Gratitude
- Contest starts now and ends March 22nd midnight EST.
- Open to adults 18 and over from US.
- One entry per household.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org.
- Winner have 2 days to claim prize via email.
- Have fun and tell your friends.
How To Enter:
For One Entry For Each Below: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Comment about something you are grateful about.
- Follow my blog, Brain Foggles, on Facebook. (Please leave your Facebook ID)
- Become a fan of my blog, Brain Foggles, on Facebook. (Please leave your Facebook ID)
- Follow me, ConnieFoggles, on Twitter. (Please leave your Twitter ID)
- Use the share button below this post to share this on any network. Leave a comment for each network and your ID there. For example Reddit.
- Follow me on FriendFeed. Please leave your FriendFeed ID.
- Write a blog post linking to this blog post. Leave a link to your post. This is worth 5 Entries. Please leave 5 separate comments such as I wrote a blog post #1, I wrote a blog post #2, etc.
- Tweet this exactly: (leave a link to your tweet or your Twitter ID)
Win the book Alphatudes @ConnieFoggles http://bit.ly/b2mYuJ PL RT
I was provided with a copy of the book for this review.
Giveaway Ended. Winner Announced.