Since we’ve been traveling for a while now with a lot more coming up soon I have come up with a packing method that saves time and energy. When I get us ready for a trip I totally feel like The Multitasking Mom.
Here’s what I do:
- All laundry is done the day before packing begins.
- Every person is in charge of getting their own clothing and putting them on our dining room table.
- They are to be put down as outfits, including underwear, socks, etc.
- Other items such as pajamas, bathing suits, sweaters, etc. are put left out individually.
- I use my checklist which is saved on my computer to go over all the items we need.
- The suitcases are then packed by outfit so there’s no need to hunt and peck for what you need to wear.
- I also keep small bags for our personal items ready and just replenish as needed.
- My daughter has a small bag for Disney things, like her autograph book and pin lanyard that is ready to go too.
The only things I need to change is when we fly as I add a few carry on bags. Packing like this is a huge time saver. My family makes me like the best mom ever when this goes along smoothly.